Error in wrf.exe - adding variables using WRF Registy

Any issues with the actual running of the WRF.

Error in wrf.exe - adding variables using WRF Registy

Postby rokzi » Sat May 23, 2020 5:11 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to add output variables, in relation to the default ones. So, I modified the WRF registry according to slide 19 of https://www.climatescience.org.au/sites ... gistry.pdf.
1) I created the text file myoutfields.txt with the following line (variables I want to add to output):
+:h:7:UMAXW,VMAXW,PMSL,QR,QV
(names of variables checked in https://github.com/wrf-model/WRF/blob/m ... .EM_COMMON)
2) I added the following lines to &time_step section of namelist.input:

iofields_filename = "myoutfields.txt",
ignore_iofields_warning = .false.,
io_form_auxhist24 = 2
auxhist24_interval = 10

The rsl.error.000 file contains the following messages of warnings and error:

Quilting with 1 groups of 0 I/O tasks.
Ntasks in X 1 , ntasks in Y 1
--- WARNING: traj_opt is zero, but num_traj is not zero; setting num_traj to zero.
--- NOTE: both grid_sfdda and pxlsm_soil_nudge are 0 for domain 1, setting sgfdda interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
--- NOTE: obs_nudge_opt is 0 for domain 1, setting obs nudging interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
--- NOTE: both grid_sfdda and pxlsm_soil_nudge are 0 for domain 2, setting sgfdda interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
--- NOTE: obs_nudge_opt is 0 for domain 2, setting obs nudging interval and ending time to 0 for that domain.
--- NOTE: bl_pbl_physics /= 4, implies mfshconv must be 0, resetting
Need MYNN PBL for icloud_bl = 1, resetting to 0

(...)

wrf main: calling open_r_dataset for wrfinput
med_initialdata_input: calling input_input
W A R N I N G : Unable to modify mask for umaxw. Variable not found. File: myoutfields.txt at line 1
W A R N I N G : Unable to modify mask for vmaxw. Variable not found. File: myoutfields.txt at line 1
W A R N I N G : Unable to modify mask for pmsl. Variable not found. File: myoutfields.txt at line 1
W A R N I N G : Unable to modify mask for qr. Variable not found. File: myoutfields.txt at line 1
W A R N I N G : Unable to modify mask for qv. Variable not found. File: myoutfields.txt at line 1
W A R N I N G : Unable to modify mask for qv. Variable not found. File: myoutfields.txt at line 1
modify_io_masks: problems reading myoutfields.txt
-------------- FATAL CALLED ---------------
FATAL CALLED FROM FILE: <stdin> LINE: 1116
Set ignore_iofields_warn to true in namelist to ignore
-------------------------------------------

The input data (pre processed in WPS) is from ERA5.

Thank you,
rokzi
rokzi

Return to Runtime Problems