Different Land Use with Ndown [SOLVED]

Discuss the nesting capability within the model itself and any problems you might have run into.

Different Land Use with Ndown [SOLVED]

Postby pablo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:14 am

Hi, I'm trying to make a WRF-Chme simulation driving it with the output of a previous WRF run. My problem is that the previous WRF simulation used Land Use from MODIS (20 categories) and in order to run WRF-CHEM I need to use USGS Land Use (24 categories). Is there any possibility to do this?
Would it be possible to just change the attributes in the wrfbdy_d01 file using NCO to cheat WRF and stop getting the "Mismatch between namelist and wrf input files for dimension NUM_LAND_CAT"?
I know it doesn't sound elegant, but as far as I understand, the static data is only in the wrfinput file and not in the wrfbdy file.
Last edited by pablo on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
pablo

Re: Different Land Use with Ndown

Postby pablo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:10 am

I solved this problem by modifying the attributes in the wrfbdy file to match those in the wrfinput.
In summary:
- I have the wrfbdy file created using ndown from a previous WRF run. In such simulation people used MODIS landuse classification.
- I wanted to drive a WRF-CHEM simulation with those buondary conditions, but WRF-CHEM requires USGS landuse classification.
- I made my wrfinput file as usual with using real.exe.
- I modified the attributes in the wrfbdy file to match thos in my wrfinput file.

Now WRF doesn't complain about having different landuse in the input files.

Regards.
pablo

Return to Nesting