how to make (46.619 142.900) locate in one domain grid?

Discuss the nesting capability within the model itself and any problems you might have run into.

how to make (46.619 142.900) locate in one domain grid?

Postby pilipalapipa » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:32 am

Hi, everyone,

I would like to design a two-nest run near the Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk island. I need one point with latitude and longitude (46.619 142.900) is exactly or almost exactly located in one of the inner domain grids.

I use the WRF portal to design the domain. But I can not define the grid location. And I do not know how WRF arrange the grids. Is there any better idea to solve my problem. I need use lambert project in this area. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
pilipalapipa

Re: how to make (46.619 142.900) locate in one domain grid?

Postby Phillip » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:30 am

Three possibilities:
Looking at the namelist you should see the center of the domain given with lat and lon. Set the center exactly at your point and make sure to use an odd number of grid points for your outer domain and place the inner one accordingly. However, I am not sure if this works with lambert projection.

Set up your domain and check the lat and lon arrays. If they don't contain the point you want start shifting your domain around and try again while getting closer to your grid point. This might take a while but can get you reasonably close.

Interpolate the output to that point in the post processing.
Phillip

Return to Nesting