Need insight on WRF Physics Schemes

Topics related to current and future physics in the WRF as well as any problems you may have.

Need insight on WRF Physics Schemes

Postby Phoenix83 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:47 pm

I am very new to working with and understanding all the many facets of WRF and was hoping someone could point me the right way in terms of research or where I could find the info I need.

I am working on trying to determine what WRF Physics Schemes I have to have to run WRF for a variety of industries. My focus is on Renewable Energy, Transportation, Low-Level Flight(Drones), and Agricultural. At first glance, to me, these make sense.

Single moment 6-class microphysics
Eta microphysics
Purdue Lin microphysics
Stony-Brooke U 5-class microphysics
Kessler Microphysics
Dudhia shortwave
Goddard microphysics

My goal is to focus on the modules/schemes I have to have and filter out those that would not be needed or do not best serve the model in focusing on these areas. However, I am really not sure if I am capturing everything I would need or if I need to break it down by each individual category. Any guidance from a more experienced hand would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.
Phoenix83

Re: Need insight on WRF Physics Schemes

Postby gauravtiwari » Wed May 10, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi,
I am looking for "mean sea level pressure" variable in wrfout*.nc file but unfortunately I didn't find it.
Please let me know how to get the value for model calculated mslp in wrfout file.

--Gaurav
gauravtiwari

Return to Physics