Difficulties registering for WRF Forum

Questions, comments, or concerns about the forum go here. We would love to hear your thoughts on the WRF Users forum and anyway you think we might be able to improve it.

Difficulties registering for WRF Forum

Postby dakiesi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:46 am

Hello everyone,

I do not know if this is an adequate reason to open a whole topic, but before I finally can use this forum to get some help, I have to say something:

I tried registering with my normal e-mail adress and a nickname. The website told me to click on the activation link in an e-mail I would receive. So I waited, but I did not get any such e-mail. So I tried registering with another nickname and another e-mail adress. Same thing. And then I tried my e-mail adress from university. Again, no activation e-mail. And YES, i checked my spam filters and everything with each attempt with all three e-mail-adresses.

So i looked up the FAQs to find out how i can contact anyone to help me with my problem. But in the FAQs, it only says

Some boards will also require new registrations to be activated, either by yourself or by an administrator before you can logon; this information was present during registration. If you were sent an e-mail, follow the instructions. If you did not receive an e-mail, you may have provided an incorrect e-mail address or the e-mail may have been picked up by a spam filer. If you are sure the e-mail address you provided is correct, try contacting an administrator.

I looked up the entire website and googled a lot, but i could not find any contact to a board administrator.
I even wrote an e-mail to wrfhelp at ncar, and they also said they cannot find any contact informantion.

Today, I registered at another e-mail provider, and see there: it worked! I don't know why but it did.

But now, I can't change my deposited e-mail adress here in my profile to an adress that i regularly use.

Next thing, since I am a new user, i cannot write a personal message to the administrators.

So if anyone could help me to resolve this issue, i just want to use my normal e-mail adress to login.

I'm sorry for that long post, but that was really a frustating way to get into the forum.

Thank you in advance

cheers
Philipp
dakiesi

Re: Difficulties registering for WRF Forum

Postby kwthomas » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:22 pm

Phillip...

At the top of any page, click on "Members". The first name, "malonso". That's who you want.
Kevin W. Thomas
Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
University of Oklahoma
kwthomas

Re: Difficulties registering for WRF Forum

Postby dakiesi » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi Thomas,

thank you for your help, malsonso already contacted my. I forgot to post that here.
So I'm fine.
dakiesi

Return to Forum Feedback