Error executing wrf.exe

Any issues with running WRF Chemistry

Error executing wrf.exe

Postby sreyashi_wrfchem » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:07 am

I am trying to run a simulation for 10 days using MOZCART chemistry option in WRF-Chem version 3.9.1.1 (chem_opt = 112) over the Indian along with south-east Asian region with three domains; the resolution of the outermost domain being 18 kms followed by 6 kms and 2 kms (innermost) respectively. On finding some initial errors in the namelist.input, I have corrected emiss_opt to 8, seas_opt to 2 and dust_opt to 3 after going through the user guide. Presently, while executing wrf.exe I am encountering the error which states that "cloud chemistry option requires chem_opt 8 through 13 or 31 to 36 or 41 to 43 or 109 to function".

Can anybody please explain what does this mean and help me out in rectifying this error?
sreyashi_wrfchem

Re: Error executing wrf.exe

Postby ReneeDegutis » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:15 am

I am trying to run a simulation for 10 days using MOZCART chemistry option in WRF-Chem version 3.9.1.1 (chem_opt = 112) over the Indian along with south-east Asian region with three domains; the solution of the outermost domain being 18 kms followed by 6 kms and 2 kms (innermost) respectively. On finding some initial errors in the namelist.input, I have corrected emiss_opt to 8, seas_opt to 2 and dust_opt to 3 after going through the user guide. Presently, while executing wrf.exe I am encountering the error which states that "cloud chemistry option requires chem_opt 8 through 13 or 31 to 36 or 41 to 43 or 109 to function".

Can anybody please explain what does this mean and help me out in rectifying this error?

Hello sreyashi_wrfchem,

The error code may be found in NCAR/WRFV3 on GitHub https://github.com/NCAR/WRFV3/issues/. I've come across it while searching for the WRF documentation to moist theta.

Regards,
Renee
ReneeDegutis

Return to Runtime Problems