Add Emission Inventory(MACCIty) in prep_chem_source.inp

Postby paurav » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:24 am

How can I add MACCity and ACCMIP inventories in prep_chem_source.inp
file of WRFChem?
paurav

Re: Add Emission Inventory(MACCIty) in prep_chem_source.inp

Postby broi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:15 am

Hello,
Is much easier to use anthro_emiss for anthropogenic emissions ( download data from ECCAD data base, MACC, TNO-MACC II ...) and bio_emiss programs from https://www2.acd.ucar.edu/wrf-chem/wrf- ... -community, then prep_chem_sources.
broi

Postby Schuch » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:07 am

Hi

I agree with broi, anthro_emiss allow great flexibility (both styles of input of chem), its make all files for a wrf-chem simulation (domains and times) in one run and can be used to create emission of new variables for new mechanisms using kpp for exemple

worth mentioning that unlike prep_chem + convert_emiss it is specific to the wrf-chem, not an adaptation of other models. Although it may improve some of its error messages it is a good tool
Schuch

Postby keenmisty » Thu May 07, 2015 6:27 am

Schuch wrote:Hi

I agree with broi, anthro_emiss allow great flexibility (both styles of input of chem), its make all files for a wrf-chem simulation (domains and times) in one run and can be used to create emission of new variables for new mechanisms using kpp for exemple

worth mentioning that unlike prep_chem + convert_emiss it is specific to the wrf-chem, not an adaptation of other models. Although it may improve some of its error messages it is a good tool

Hi

I'm trying to use anthro_emiss to convert my emission database to wrfchemi.
But here is a question:
How to change a "RAW" data to its input emission file?
Is there any script?
keenmisty

Postby Schuch » Mon May 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi keenmisty

The inventory input data for antrho_emiss is a NetCDF file (.nc), if by RAW data you mean text files, not grinded data or just a not NetCDF file, you need to create a NetCDF file with you RAW data before run antrho_emiss.

To create/edit/visualize NetCDF files I use R-Project with ncdf package, more information about the input files can be obtained in the README.anthro_emis or you can use a file from another inventory as a template for yours inventory, there is no script for this

cya
Schuch

Return to Initialization