Creating my own emissions

Ideas, problems or suggestions regarding the initialization of WRF Chemistry

Creating my own emissions

Postby tomaschor » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Hello, I need to create my own emissions that are independent from any emissions database.
For example, I would like to put a tower emitting some X concentration co2 24/7 in some random place of my choice and then run a chem simulation based only on that.
How do I do that? Can prep_chem_src or emiss_v03.F be used for that?

Thank you very much in advance.
tomaschor

Re: Creating my own emissions

Postby ivanrgelpi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:17 am

Hi, I have the same problem.
In my case I want to generate PM10 emissions and/or PM25.

I've tried using emiss_v03_tracer.F and then using convert_emiss.exe getting the following error message:

forrtl: severe (67): input statement requires too much data, unit 91, file /home/meteo/....../wrfem_00to12z_d01

Any solution?

Thank you very much in advance
ivanrgelpi

Postby Umed_Paliwal » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:04 am

Hi,
In what format do you have your own emissions. I recommend make a shapefile of your emissions. one you have this shapefile, use prep_chem sources with global emissions EDGAR/RETRO and produce the intermediate files for you domain and simulation period. Use convert_emiss to get this in netcdf format. Now just download the wrfchemi and wrfbdy from server (if using one) and extract the lat/long of the node points. Write a code to replace EDGAR/RETRO emisions of your pollutant from your wrfchemi with emisions from your shapefile. Hope this answers you question.
Umed_Paliwal

Postby dangbmix » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:40 am

Dear Umed_Paliwal,

First of all, I'm very interested in your method. However, I have a question about your method as follow;

"Write a code to replace EDGAR/RETRO emisions of your pollutant from your wrfchemi with emisions from your shapefile."

Would you please explain more about this procedure. Which file do I need to write a code after generating netcdf file using convert_emiss.exe

Regards
dangbmix

Return to Initialization