Not Getting metgrid or geogrid when compiling WPS

Installing the WRF Preprocessing System

Not Getting metgrid or geogrid when compiling WPS

Postby wxtom » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:49 pm

Ok, so I just compiled WRF (real.exe, run.exe, ndown.exe, tc.exe) this morning. I had a few issues initially, but eventually got the configure.wrf setup as needed and everything compiled (with netcdf4 and grib2 support).

So, right after getting that to work I went and tried to get the WPS to compile. I initially tried it with serial and parallel (as I had done for the WRF), but only got ungrib.exe, so I went and tried to do it with just serial compilation (which was suggested for most situations anyway from what I've read). No luck with that either, and I still just get ungrib.exe to compile. When viewing the logfile I see errors associated with symbols not found for architecture x86_64. I updated nothing on the machine between compiling WRF earlier and trying this and am using the same compilers (gcc and gfortan). I've attached the logfile. I can include more information if someone thinks they may be able to assist.
wxtom

Re: Not Getting metgrid or geogrid when compiling WPS

Postby wxtom » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:36 am

I figured it out. I basically kept comparing my configure.wrf file which worked to compile WRF with the configure.wps file. I made some changes that may have helped some, but the change that eventually got things working so that I got metgrid, geogrid, and ungrib (for SM+DM) was to include -fopenmp in the "LD =", so that in my case it read "LD = $(FC) -fopenmp".
wxtom

Return to Installation