v_interp and nests with higher vertical resolution

Discuss the nesting capability within the model itself and any problems you might have run into.

v_interp and nests with higher vertical resolution

Postby tiziana » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Hello Everyone,

We operationally run WRF on 3 two-way nested domains with 15-3-1 km horiz. resolution respectively, over the Hawaiian Islands. The third nest is centered on Big Island ( => steep orography). We use 40 vertical levels. We are now trying to set up a fourth domain (on the summit of Mauna Kea), that will use the forecast from the 3rd domain as init. and bnd. conditions, in a one way nested fashion, at 500m horiz resolution. We would also like to increase the vertical resolution to at least 80 vertical levels. If I run WRF on the forth domain after using ndown (etc etc), the model runs just fine on the forth domain. If we use v_interp to increase the number of vertical levels wrf stops at the very beginning, with no error messages after the print

WRF NUMBER OF TILES FROM OMP_GET_MAX_THREADS = 1
WRF NUMBER OF TILES = 1

I also tried using 50 vertical levels, but it won't matter.

Did anybody ever tried something similar or does have an idea of what it could be going on? :?:

Thank you very much,

Tiziana.
tiziana

Re: v_interp and nests with higher vertical resolution

Postby danl » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:14 am

Hi,

I have been into the same situation. Could you please tell me how did you solve this problem? Thanks very much.

Dan
danl

Re: v_interp and nests with higher vertical resolution

Postby sru20 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Has anyone solved this issue please? I have the same problem as explained above. Please help!
sru20

Return to Nesting